[389-users] Replication and operational attributes / cockpit-389-ds
Tornóci László
2021-05-22 13:47:20 UTC

I plan to set up a read only replica to my 389-ds server. I would like
to have all my users authenticate againts the read only replica. Can I
still use the account-policy plugin to store the lastLoginTime
operational attribute?

My other question is: I am using RHEL 8 with the latest 389-ds. I don't
find the rpm for cockpit-389-ds plugin anywhere (which is available for
Fedora), but the old admin console is gone, too. How can I use cockpit
with 389-ds? Is that only available for redhat-ds? If yes, what can I do?

Thanks: Laszlo
Do not reply to spam on the list, re
Mark Reynolds
2021-05-22 16:14:37 UTC
Post by Tornóci László
Hi,
I plan to set up a read only replica to my 389-ds server. I would like
to have all my users authenticate againts the read only replica. Can I
still use the account-policy plugin to store the lastLoginTime
operational attribute?
You can, you just need to enable and configure the plugin on all
replicas.  It should work fine.
Post by Tornóci László
My other question is: I am using RHEL 8 with the latest 389-ds. I
don't find the rpm for cockpit-389-ds plugin anywhere (which is
available for Fedora), but the old admin console is gone, too. How can
I use cockpit with 389-ds? Is that only available for redhat-ds? If
yes, what can I do?
In RHEL the cockpit UI is part of the layered product (redhat-ds
module), it is not included in the base OS like the 389-ds module is.
So on RHEL you have to pay for "Red Hat Directory Server 11".

HTH,
Mark
Post by Tornóci László
Thanks: Laszlo